Tuesday, July 1, 2014

There's No Place Like Home....


Wow, two weeks really goes by fast when you're having fun. It seems like only yesterday, our grou was meeting for the first time to set plans for our trip. Now, we have parted ways for the last time. I really enjoyed my time with everyone. I honestly believe we couldn't have had a better group of pople. We all stuck together and were still making jokes and laughing during our last flight. So, what to do now?

After being greeted by the loving customs department in Minneapolis, we were allowed to venture out on our own. The first thing I did was use a public bathroom....without paying! Everywhere we went in Europe, even the train station that we paid to go into, charged you to use a "public" restroom. I never thought something as small as that would mean so much to me. It was so nice to walk throught the airport and understand what people were saying around me. Next item on the list, some American food!

When returning home, my mother had cooked a large dinner. Her famous meatloaf and mashed potatoes were the warm smell I was welcomed home by. I dashed to the kitchen and stuffed my face. It was so nice to be able to sit at the kitchen table and eat dinner with my family. I could say whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I loved not having to walk back to the hotel after I ate, but sit down and share stories of the trip and catch up on news from home. After dinner, I sat on the porch and listened to nothing. I live out in the country and it was so nice to be able to listen to nature and enjoy peace and quiet. The next thing I can't wait to do is to sit out on the deck and watch the stars. Last night, we had a storm blow through so it cut my peace and quiet time short.

After dinner, I fell asleep. I was practically in a coma. It was the best sleep I have ever gotten. I fell asleep around 9 and didn't wake up intil after 10:30 this morning. I could continue to sleep but I figured I better get up or I would regret it when trying to fall asleep tonight. Today was filled with homemade food, laundry, and catching up on homework.

It is so nice to be able to leave my house and drive my car when I want and not have to wait for public transportation. It's also amazing not to worry about your driver reversing on the interstate! It was sad to see the trip end but I am so thankful I took the opportunity to go. I met amazing people, made great friends, and created memories that will last a life time. Until next time, Eurocats. (Remember Teri, reunion soon!)




No comments:

Post a Comment