Tuesday, July 1, 2014


Our trip home started at 3am in the lobby of the hotel. We got our breakfast boxes and loaded the bus. It was sad saying bye to Petr. We had a good time with him in the Czech Republic. At the airport in Prague they called you to check your bags in by flight which was different from how we do it in the United States. I breezed through security and got to our gate an hour and a half before the flight. I wanted to make sure that I slept well on the long flight so I went and grabbed and red bull and a vanilla muffin which tasted like white cake. We departed from Prague at 6:25am and landed in Amsterdam at 7:55am. We all went off to get some food before the nine hour flight and about twenty minutes after we all went our own ways, we realized that we needed all twenty-two of us to go through security at our gate. I managed to grab some chips and a sandwich while I rushed to the gate. The security at the gate in Amsterdam was different from how we do it in the United States. We had to go in groups of four to have our passports checked and they asked us questions. They were making sure that we weren’t bringing anything back for anyone else. Then we had to go through security all over again and get pated down just to go sit at our gate. We boarded our flight on time at 10:20am and headed to Minneapolis! On the flight I watched the movie Taken and watched a couple episodes of Two and a Half Men. I managed to get some sleep on the flight and we arrived in Minneapolis before we knew it! Once we landed in Minneapolis we had to go and clear customs. I stood in line to hold our spot and when the rest of the group joined, everyone in line was not happy. We had to pick our bags up and take them to a different location for them to make the connecting flight and then go through security again. We got to our gate with about 45 minutes until boarding time. We went to a little market in the airport and got a snack for the flight. We boarded our flight and left at about 3:10pm. We landed in Kansas City at about 4:45pm and I rushed off the plane to the baggage claim to see my mom! I had a three hour drive back to Omaha ahead of me. We got my bags and then hopped in the car and headed that way. I talked with my mom for about a half hour before I fell asleep for the rest of the drive home. When I got home to my apartment I was greeted by my dog and boyfriend! We had dinner and I went on and on about our trip. I managed to keep myself awake until about 11pm so that I could try and get back on my normal sleeping pattern.  Overall we had an easy travel day and managed to not get stuck by any delays!

No comments:

Post a Comment