Sunday, June 1, 2014

Week 3 prework

This week we have been researching activities to do in our free time. One of the activities I researched that caught my eye the most was a small walking tour of Jewish Vienna. In this walk it includes a walking tour of a Holocaust Memorial. The tour lasts about 2 hours and on the tour you get to go visit Morzinplatz where the Gestapo headquarters were located and also a monument of Jewish prisoners of WWll. The Holocaust Memorial is located at Judenplatz and you get the opportunity to see the Jewish Textile Quarter. This walking tour really interested me.

We also have been researching places to eat and trying to find reasonably priced places, as well as some fancy meals. I think the one I want to go to the most is Ribs of Vienna. As you could probably tell it is most known for their ribs. Everyone was assigned items to figure out how much they cost abroad and it was really eye opening to see the difference in prices compared to the United States. I had to find out how much a can of domestic beer was and a gallon of gas and I was surprised to find out a gallon of gas is more expensive there than here.



No comments:

Post a Comment